This book is packed with information for both the Canada as a whole is a world-class fly fishing destination, and Duane Radford recounts some amazing trip-of-a-lifetime hot spots. He has fly fished them all, and in this book, he shares his experience and expertise on everything from basic fly fishing techniques and gear to landing Mr. Big in Canada’s North. This book is packed with information for both the fly fishing novice and aficionado:
- Fly fishing fundamentals, including tackle basics, casting technique and how and when to fish with dry flies, streamers, nymphs and wet flies
- The importance of knowing preferred water temperatures of key game fish
- How to read and fly fish moving water―adjusting technique to walk-and-wade fishing as opposed to fishing from drift boats and rafts
- Tips for catching specific game species such as Arctic grayling, brook trout and lake trout, goldeye, mountain whitefish and northern pike
- Information regarding insect hatches North of 60 for the early, mid and late season
- Etiquette and ethics of fly fishing in Canada
- Accounts of Duane’s trips to 18 of Canada’s fly fishing hot spots and dream destinations. Featuring a foreword by Jim McLennan, Canadian Fly Fishing Hot Spots & Essentials is a must-read for any keen fly fisher craving the truly Canadian experience.