On May 19 we re-opened to the public with a few changes to our operations. Since re-opening, we've been happy to reconnect with customers on-site with and without face masks, with hand sanitizer at-the-ready, and plenty of signage reminding folks to maintain physical distancing.
Most folks are respectful of the rules of our new normal. Others need a gentle reminder to use the sanitizer upon entry or wait outside until we are less than 6 customers on-site. We get it - we've all been limited in our actions and behaviors for two months. We're all longing to connect to share stories of recent outings and gain knowledge for the next adventure. We're all in this together and we all need to continue to respect the rules in order to continue moving forward.
That said, we're now happy to report we have some answers about guiding for this season. Things will be a little different but we are able to resume guided trips.
The most notable differences will be:
- Clients and guides will need to wear masks, buffs, face coverings throughout their trip (including to/from the river) when 2 meters distance cannot be maintained.
- Prior to each trip clients and guides will need to complete a self-declaration statement specific to COVID 19.
- Lunches will be individually packaged to minimize handling.
- No sharing of equipment - clients will need to bring their own gear OR will be provided with sanitized gear for their use for the day.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for every trip participant for their use throughout the day.
- Staggered meet times at the start of the day to minimize numbers in the store and to allow social distancing at launch site (at least among Fish Tales guides.)
- Each guide/client group will need to be separate during lunch.
In Calgary we are FINALLY seeing leaves on the willows and some caddis amid the midges. We are also seeing increased flows in our rivers and less than ideal fishing conditions on the Bow. This too shall pass. It's an inevitable stage of the cycle of the river.
Our guide team is excited for the season and ready-to-go when conditions allow. Contact the shop to book your 2020 trip. 403-640-1273.