A bolt from the blue, the Lamson Cobalt Reel is a big game powerhouse of a reel packed with technical breakthroughs that’ll change the game on the flats and into the deep. Cobalt features a dual-axis machined frame that dramatically strengthens the side that bears the most load. The foot is embedded—rather than perched—atop the reel to effectively transmit force and distribute weight. The large arbor spool is also machined with many subtle asymmetries that bring perfect balance without a counterweight.
- Certified waterproof to 100 feet by an independent test laboratory, the Cobalt drag is an industry first.
- Custom formulated self-lubricating O-rings protect every point of ingress.
- A fixed spindle format ensures complete sealing.
- A supercharged version of the smooth conical drag system rotates on high-precision ABEC 5 ceramic ball bearings—and uses a proprietary high-temperature graphite alloy to create 12+ pounds of line out torque.
- A coating as hard as type III anodize but with 20 times the protection against a saltwater environment, Cobalt is endowed with a stunning, shielding Micralox finish—exclusive to Waterworks-Lamson in the fly fishing world.
- Cobalt Spools also fit Cobalt HD Reels