The Baitfish Head is a weighted head with a realistic baitfish profile and unique design features that make it a versatile platform for tying a wide variety of streamer patterns. Quick and easy to tie, this groundbreaking innovation in fly tying offers an exciting alternative to using dumbbells or cones to weight your streamers. A set of matching Fish-Skull Living Eyes is included with the heads in your pack.
- Quantity per pack: Small (10); Small/Medium, Medium (8); Large (6)
- Best of Show – Fly Tying Materials: 2010 International Fly Tackle Dealer Show
- Designed by Martin Bawden
- Designed to mimic the head, eyes, and gill plates of a baitfish, and to push more water than traditional streamers.
- Quick and easy to use. Simply tie in all materials first, then fit the Baitfish Head from the front.
- Distributes most of the head’s weight to the bottom of the streamer (like a dumbbell) ensuring it will swim in the correct position. This also allows you to tie with the hook facing either down or up.
- Allow vertical freedom of movement for the tying materials so you can tie broader profile streamers and get more natural action from the materials.