UTC Ultra Thread has been engineered as a fly tying thread from the beginning. Made of nylon, this offers the added benefit of more intense colors and a larger range of colors and has light stretch allowing for more uniform tension and tying "feel". Because nylon stretches, it grips material tighter and makes the fly more durable. This thread is flat with only the minimum number of twists needed for production, that grips and covers materials with fewer thread wraps.
- Lightly waxed, flat thread
- Multifilament thread that is not bonded, making it the best choice for split thread tying techniques.
- Spools are sized and designed to turn smoothly on standard bobbins
- Each spool has a color coded end cap for product identification and to secure the tag end of the thread
- 100 yards per spool
- Ultra Thread 70 - The ideal choice for dry flies, nymphs, and midges size 14 or smaller
- Ultra Thread 140 - Excellent for the majority of flies, it is the perfect choice for hooks size 2 – 16
- Ultra Thread 210 - An excellent choice for saltwater flies and large streamers. Perfect for spinning hair on bass flies without being too bulky