The sealed drag on the Orvis Hydros Reel is still one of the strongest in the industry, with zero start-up inertia, stacked carbon and stainless steel disc washers. Matte type II anodized finish, standard large arbor size which balances better with lighter-weight fly rod, and yet still offers excellent retrieval rates and less line coiling than standard arbor reels. Refinement and improvement are the hallmarks of quality. Matte black with silver accents, matte silver with charcoal accents, and specialty colors available.
- Refined, lighter weight large arbor fly reel
- Improved fully-sealed drag clutch bearing
- Radiused reel foot for kink-free leader protection
- Ergonomically improved, easy to use drag knob
- Zero start-up inertia
- Excellent retrieval rates and less line coiling
- Hydros I for line weights 1-3; 4.7 oz, 3.1” in diameter.
- Hydros II for line weights 3-5; 5.0 oz, 3.4” in diameter.
- Hydros III for line weights 5-7; 5.5 oz, 3.7” in diameter.
- Hydros IV for line weights 7-9; 6.6 oz, 4” in diameter.
- Hydros V for line weights 9-11; 7.7 oz, 4.25” in diameter.
- Fly Line not included
Let us set up your reel with free dacron backing - Simply add your preferred direction to cart along with your reel or spool. Click here to choose your reel direction. Upgrade to gel spun backing for an additional charge (recommended for saltwater applications).