Another day of change:
Last night and this morning, we spent some time researching the current COVID-19 situation in Calgary, Alberta, and Canada. We focused on the math of this virus. As a result, earlier today we cancelled tomorrow night's "Trout Bumming the World" presentation to further help with social distancing. The data shows that this is the most effective way to slow the spread of the virus. If this decision helps even one person from being infected or infecting a family member, friend, or loved one then we consider that a win.
We have attempted to contact ticket holders and one of us will be on-site tomorrow to notify those that haven't received our notice.
Additionally, we are now starting to reach out to students who are registered in our upcoming fly tying classes as we will be postponing those courses indefinitely.
Our family is particularly conscientious as this situation continues to develop. Half of our house is in the higher risk category -1 with asthma and another with type 1 diabetes - both don’t go well with COVID-19. So if we seem to be acting on the overly cautious end of the spectrum our personal situation is a strong reason for that.
As mentioned in yesterday's blog, we are happy to process orders we receive via Instagram messenger, Facebook messenger, email, or (really old-school) phone calls. Orders can be packaged and ready for pickup (like a drive through fly shop) or we can arrange to ship.
We hope folks continue to find some joy and laughter amid the stress. Our fly tying area is well-stocked if you need to top up your supplies....
NS/DB and Staff
Here is a link to our March 14, 2010 COVID-19 response to date.