The Orvis Mirage features a sealed and maintenance-free carbon and stainless steel disc drag system with an aggressive knurled drag knob that goes from zero to full drag in a single drag knob rotation. Patent-pending ball and ramp drag mechanism provides a smooth turning drag that follows a non-linear curve as the drag knob is turned to give smoother adjustments in the fishing and fish-fighting range. The reel is a super large arbor for increased retrieve rates and reduction in line coil. Machined in the USA from strong, yet lightweight 6061 T6 aluminum barstock. Ergonomically designed machined aluminum handle. Quick release spool easily converts from left to right-hand retrieve. Military-spec type III hard coat anodizing. Titanium shaft adds strength without additional weight. Fully radiused reel foot prevents kinked leaders. Low-profile counterweight won't catch fingers or fly lines.
- Mirage II for line weights 3-5; 5.6 oz, 3½" in diameter
- Mirage III for line weights 5-7; 6.2 oz, 3⅞" in diameter
- Mirage IV for line weights 7-9; 8.9 oz, 4¼" in diameter
- Mirage V for line weights 9-11; 9.7 oz, 4½" in diameter
- Mirage VI for line weights 11-13; 12.9 oz, 5" in diameter
- Mirage VI-Deep for line weights 13-15; 13 oz, 5" in diameter