The Nautilus CCF-X2 Reel is featured in 4 sizes – the 6/8, 8/10, 10/12 and Silver King. All reels feature the made-for-fish fighting, big game handle and are fully sealed using proprietary Activseal technology. Other components included in the CCF-X2 line are hybrid ceramic bearings, TPX bushings and an oversized drag knob to adjust the smoothest drag from zero to max in 6 full turns with our Infinajust system.
The 6/8 is a 4-inch large arbor 6-8 weight reel. For more line pick up, the 8/10 is a great 8 weight with almost 12 inches of line pick up with a WF8 line per turn of the handle. The 4.5-inch 8/10 and 10/12 reels share the same frame and the spools can be interchanged for a set up that covers 8 to 12 weight lines with just an extra spool.
The Silver King is the latest addition to the CCF-X2 line and is the world’s lightest 5-inch diameter true big game reel on the market. This dominator of all things silver picks up 14-inches of line per turn of the handle and will reel in your prize like none other.
- SPEY/SILVER KING conversion: The Speyrings are four little rings that snap on the frame in key spots of the reel in mere seconds and close the frame/spool gap to 0.003-inch to barely let light through.
- CCF-X2 Disk Brake: The CCF-X2 Disc Braking System is an upgraded, stronger, lighter version of the Cork and Carbon Fiber brake of its predecessor. It features twice the drag surface in a dual action brake configuration. Coupled with hybrid ceramic bearings, the reel delivers less than 1% startup inertia at all drag settings. This brake unit is feather light and can be easily switched from RH to LH retrieve. The Brembo® brakes of fly fishing.
- Activeseal: Perpetually repels contaminants from braking system.
- Hooker: Wrap your line or hang your fly on it (*optional accessory)
- Giga: The Uber arbors of fly fishing reels. Reel in more than a foot per turn of the handle. A unique design feature of these spools is grooves that let the bottom of the backing breathe to promote faster drying. The giga arbors have redefined large arbor reel design.
- InfinAdjust: The over sized CCF-X2 drag knob features the InfinAdjust drag control system: six turns of the drag knob take you from zero to 20+lbs to allow you to precisely adjust your drag tension without fear of over adjusting.
Let us set up your reel with free dacron backing - Simply add your preferred direction to cart along with your reel or spool. Click here to choose your reel direction. Upgrade to gel spun backing for an additional charge (recommended for saltwater applications).