2018 Date: November 10-23, 2018
Experienced flats anglers looking for an alternative to a week of guided fishing or who want to travel with a non-angling partner may want to consider Aitutaki. Mike Venhuis first visited the island in 2011 on his honeymoon and has returned pretty much annually ever since.
This isn't your typical lodge experience. We secure guides for 2 days of fishing during the trip otherwise you're either on your own or responsible for arranging additional days ahead of time. The ability to DIY combined with a less structured meal plan makes this an ideal option for seasoned travelers.
Combine this flexibility with larger-than-average bonefish, various trevally species, and an opportunity for a bluewater day, and we understand why Mike keeps heading back.
2018 Trip Dates: November 10-23. Mike Venhuis hosting (FULL)
Trip Inclusions for 2 people based on double occupancy
- 12 Nights Accommoation - Air conditioned villa (queen)
- 2 days fishing
- Airport transfers
- Daily Breakfasts Koru Café or Blue Lagoon restaurant
- Lunches included on fly fishing days
- Boat Shed, Koru or Blue Lagoon lunches non fishing days
- 2 Full days guided fly fishing shared
- Fishing License
- 11 x Dinners each at The Boat Shed (up to $50 each for food and beverages.)
- 1 x Fire dance cultural night with traditional local food (drinks not included)
- Laundry service
CDN package for couple $6300