This year's gift ideas will be coming to you as a series of staff picks. We have a great - and varied - team at the shop and you may be surprised at the array of in-store items on these lists. This list includes in-store product that staff might want, already have, or think would make a great gift for the angler on your list.
- Patagonia Stealth Wader Work Station - a great option for minimalist anglers.
- Patagonia Black Hole Duffel - a useful bag for all kinds of activities.
- Loon D Loop Tweezers - An oversized tweezer that does everything from picking up hooks and beads to retaining materials for even the largest dubbing loops/composite loops.
- Howler Bros Loggerhead Hoody - Howler's sun protective hoody comes with a kangaroo pocket, thumb holes, and a back stash pocket with a sunglass cleaning microfiber cloth.
- Fishpond Piopod
- Airflo Skagit F.I.S.T Line
- Scientific Anglers Infinity Line
- Simms Merino Thermal OTC Sock - heavyweight, over the calf thermal merino wool sock will keep you warm.
- Redington Predator 9ft 8wt rod - Perfect for upcoming pike season in the spring and any can be used for salt trips over winter
- Rep Your Water Squatch catch and release long sleeve - Great design and great price.
- Patagonia Tough Puff pant - Great for layering up in the winter.
- Stonfo Bobbin Rest - Good for people with entry level vises, which a lot of people will get for Christmas.
- Deyoung Decals - Good for boats and back car windows
- Patagonia Women's R2 Techface pant - "These come highly recommended by Courtney so I will probably give them a try. They might extend my fishing season and would get used during other winter outdoor pursuits."
- Mitten scissor clamps
- Ketchum release tool - to help minimize fish handling and simplify the release.
- Rio Elite Gold WF5F line.
- Puzzle - Puzzles usually involve screen-free time with the whole family. The new to the shop Madd Capp puzzles are pretty unique.
- Fishpond largemouth piopod - great for garbage collection in the boat or vehicle.
Fly-agra - an extremely popular, long-lasting floatant for dry fly fishing.
- Fly line cleaner - the Bow is hard on fly lines and using a cleaner extends the life of the line.
- Fishpond Headgate tippet holder - our most-popular tippet holder.
- Hareline mega tying pad
- Renzetti tool caddy
- Courtney’s custom-painted Yeti mugs.
- Fishpond rainbow trout emerger net -
- Simms flyweight pliers
Kelly Zamiski's picks:
- SA Stillwater Clear Camo fly line
- Lamson Speedster 5+ - our team loves Lamson reels.
- Sizzle Pitmaster Electronic Lighter - these are handy tools for around the house or camp. USB chargeable lighter.
- Fishpond Burrito Wader Bag
- Whiting Dry Fly Combo Hackle Pack
- Patagonia Techface R2 pants - men/women
- Patagonia Swiftcurrent waders - men/women. Check out Courtney's recent review of these waders.
- An Entirely Synthetic Fish - In this book, journalist Anders Halverson provides an exhaustively researched and grippingly rendered account of the rainbow trout and why it has become the most commonly stocked and controversial freshwater fish in the United States.
- Solarez Bone Dry
- Simms Merino OTC Thermal Sock - men/women
- Aquaseal Repair Kit
- Fishpond Face Stick - easy to pack and does what it promises. This is a must-have for hot days on the water at home or abroad.
- Simms Rivershed Sweater - warm and soft for on the water or an evening at home
- Orvis Clearwater Combo - These are GREAT mid-range fly rod combos for anglers who are just getting into the sport or looking to upgrade from their first setup.
- New Zealand Indicator Kit
- Patagonia Techface R2 pant - this is a popular pick of staff. Might be worth checking out.
- Fishpond Headgate Tippet Holder - handy way to store a variety of tippet sizes for easy access while on the river.
- Echo Shadow x
- Redington Tilt Reel The Tilt is a great option for euro-nymph anglers.
- Chai T's - Will's perdigon pattern was fished and approved by Matt (Chatani) before it was dubbed the "Chai T."
- Simms Wet Wading Socks
- Polarized Smith or Kaenon Sunglasses - Dave needs prescription sunglasses which we can help with... from Kaenon.
- Custom Nautilus Reel
- Wading Boots
- Casting Lesson - As a fly casting instructor David knows that almost everyone can benefit from some time focusing on their cast.
- Simms Stone Cold Shirt - one of Dave's faves from SIMMS. These travel well and are uber-comfy.
- Patagonia R2 TechFace Pants - this appears to be a popular new item amongst our team.... may be worth checking out.
- DeYoung Rising Brown Pilsner (for root beer)
- Fishpond Headgate Tippet Holder - another popular item for our team.
- Simms Flyweight pliers
- Simms Gore-Tex Infinium Half Finger Mitt
- Simms hoody-I don’t have one but they look cozy and hoodies are really popular!
- Trout shaped cookie cutter- I like to bake!
- Howler bros Shaman zip hoody- I have one it is comfortable and very practical for daily wear!
- Courtney’s mugs - Beautiful and durable. Great for anyone!
- Patagonia nano puff mitts- Great for raynaud syndrome - keeps hands warm!
- Simms solar flex sun hoody- I use these in the tropics and in the summer while I’m out on the river fishin.
- Sun gloves- I like to use these to prevent burns or blisters while I’m stripping line.
- Puzzle- great way to spend some quality family time and get off screens!
- 9' 6wt G Loomis Asquith rod
- Lamson Lightspeed F5 in Whiskey
- S.A. Amplitude MPX WF6F
- Fishpond Nomad Emerger Net (redband edition)
- Fishpond Thunderhead Large Submersible Duffel in Riverbed Camo
- A custom-painted Yeti mug from Courtney
- Fishpond Face stick
- Scientific Anglers Better than you found it bag - Ben saw these on the S.A. site earlier in the year and suggested we bring a few in to try. Looks like he's still sold on this product.
- Smith Guide's Choice with Techlite Polarized Low Light Ignitor lense (for those early mornings, late evenings and cloud days on the water.)
Tacky fly patch
Fishpond Nomad Emerger net Redband
Patagonia stealth work station
SA rod sleeve - great to line rod holding tubes in drift boats....
Loon line speed
Loon mitten clamps - Mitten clamps are opened and closed with the same squeezing motion, making clipping them to a pack or vest extra convenient.
Fish pond sushi rolls - These offer great storage for your streamers.
Hareline hackle hook and bead gauge - this is a brand new multi-function tool from Hareline. Easily confirm hook size, hackle size, bead size.
- Patagonia Nano puff hoody - almost everyone on the team uses these versatile layering pieces.
- Lords Of The Fly - a great read particularly if you're interested in tarpon and the history of fly fishing for tarpon.
- Renz present 4000 Cam Vice
- Tacky original fly box - a workhorse fly box that will help you stay organized.
- Simms G4 Pro boot vibram - lightweight and durable combine to make these an excellent choice.
- Freestone Sling Pack Black - we're having a hard time keeping these in stock.
- Sage Sonic 6WT - seems to be a popular choice within the team.
Orvis Clearwater rod In 4-6 wt (really any weight)
Kelly R's Picks:
- SIMMS GTS Gear Duffel 50L
- Airlock 3-pack Indicators 3/4"
- Gear-Aid Aquaseal Repair Kit
- Tacky Pescador Fly Box
- Backroad Mapbook Southern Alberta
- Wapsi Deluxe Fly Tying Kit