Fish Tales Mystery Fly Contest is back by popular demand! We had so much fun resurrecting the Mystery Fly last winter, we are doing it again. Get your entry package in store or online here. Please read the rules below, and have fun!
NOVEMBER entry - Due no later than December 1st @ 4pm MST
- You must use your own thread.
- You may add one additional material of your choice – Epoxy, glues, and thread don’t count as your additional material.
- A portion of each of the materials included in the kit MUST be used and VISIBLE in your finished fly
- Finished flies need to be submitted by December 1st at 4pm MST.
- Flies will be judged by a panel of three who have not participated in the event. (Panel may be a combination of Fish Tales employees and other experts).
- Finished flies must be submitted by email to email@example.com (with the header “Mystery Fly Contest Submission”) in order to be included in the contest/judging. Submissions to be a maximum 30-second video showcasing your fly in a well lit area. *PLEASE NOTE: quality of video will affect the judging of the fly (please ensure the fly is clearly shown and well lit)*
- If you have issues sending your submission (depending on video quality, the file size may be too large) please edit the file down to 20 seconds and include a few detailed pictures, or contact the shop by phone or email for clarification and troubleshooting.
- Mystery Fly submissions become the property of Fish Tales Fly Shop. Your entries may be shared to our social media/online website
- We announce 2 winners; a youth category for 16 years old and under, and a general category for everyone else. If you are 16 years old or younger, please note this in your submission so we may judge your entry accordingly.
- Winners will be announced after December 2nd, 2023.
Winner receives their choice of a $50.00 Fish Tales Gift Card (to be redeemed in-store or online) OR a Hareline Dubbin Hackle/Bead Gauge.
Be creative, have fun, and good luck!