Join Fish Tales' Craig Robillard for this 5-night course focused on lake fishing tactics and tying lake flies.
The classes will cover the basics of tying the staple food sources found in most AB and BC lakes. Also covered are the basics on gear, rod, reel, line set up, lake fishing tactics, plus fun tips and tricks.
Class is open to all beginner and intermediate fly tyers who want to broaden their scope when tackling lakes.
- Discussion: Food sources in most lakes
- Flies: Little Fort Leech, Olive Balanced Leech
- Discussion: What to look for in fishing new water
- Simple Scud, Pearl Shrimp
- Discussion: Gear Basics
- Icy Damsel, Tin Man Water Boatman
- Discussion: Rod, Reel, Line Set Up
- Black & Red Ice Cream Chironomid, Black & Silver Red Butt Chironomid
- Discussion: Tactics – How to fish those flies you tied!
- Love ‘Dem Boobies!, Six Pack
Participants will need to have their own vice, tying tools, and materials (material list to be provided upon registration.)
Fall 2023 Course Dates:
- Thursdays, November 9, 16, 23, 30; December 7
Course cost: $100.
Registration is open until course is full. Maximum 4 students.