Join Kelly Zamiski for this 5-night course focused on lake fishing tactics and tying lake flies.
The classes will cover the basics of tying the staple food sources found in most AB, and BC lakes. We will also cover basics on gear, rod, reel, line set up, tactics, fun tips and tricks.
Class is open to all beginner and intermediate fly tyer’s who want to broaden their scope when tackling lakes. From Kelly "I am by far NOT an expert, but guarantee some great flies, good information, and some good laughs (mostly at my expense)!"
- Discussion: Food sources in most lakes.
- Flies: Little Fort Leech, Olive Balance Leech.
- Discussion: What to look for in fishing new water.
- Simple Scud, Pearl Shrimp
- Discussion: Gear Basics
- Icy Damsel, Tin Man Water Boatman
- Discussion: Rod, Reel, Line Set Up
- Black & Red Ice Cream Chironomid, Black & Silver Red Butt Chironomid
- Discussion: Tactics – How to fish those flies you tied!
- Love ‘Dem Boobies!, Six Pack
Participants will need to have their own vice, tying tools, and materials (material list to be provided upon registration.)
Spring 2022 Course Dates:
- Thursdays, March 17, 24, 31, April 7, & 14
- *NEW* Tuesdays, April 12, 19, 26, May 3 & 10
Course cost: $100.
Due to Covid 19 we are limiting this course to four participants. Physical distancing in effect. Masks required.